You’re not here by accident. God loves you. He wants you to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus, His Son. There is just one thing that separates you from God. That one thing is sin. Sin is our failure to measure up to God’s holiness and His righteous standards. The Bible says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. We are all sinners. But there is good news for you! God loves you! And because of His great love, God sent His only Son Jesus to die for our sins, providing the way for you to have a personal relationship with Him.
“God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
For you to come to God you have to get rid of your sin, but not one of us can do this! Only God can rescue us from our sins. He is willing to do this not because of anything you can offer Him, but just because He loves you!
“He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy.” Titus 3:5
It’s God’s grace that allows you to come to Him – not your efforts to “clean up your life” or work your way to heaven. You can’t earn it. It’s a free gift.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
For you to come to God, the penalty for your sin must be paid. God’s gift to you is His son, Jesus, who paid the debt for you when He died on the Cross.
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Jesus paid the price for your sin and mine by shedding His blood and giving His life on a cross. He was buried, and after three days God raised Him from the dead. God calls us to repentance – to acknowledge we are sinners, turn away from our sin, and follow Jesus. TODAY IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY to follow Him and become God’s child.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
When you realize you are a sinner, and are ready to repent of your sin and turn to follow Jesus, all that is left for you to do is to accept God’s gift that Jesus provided for you on the cross.
COMMIT & receive God’s Gift
Now all you need to do is accept God’s gift of salvation through believing in His Son, Jesus Christ, and you will live with Him forever in heaven.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16
“If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10:9-10
This is what your commitment involves:
- Acknowledge you are a sinner, repent and turn from your sin.
- Believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and trust that Jesus paid the full penalty for your sins.
- Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and surrender your life to Him.
- Receive Jesus as your Savior, and believe that God has come into your life. If it is your sincere desire to receive Jesus into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior, then talk to God from your heart.
The precise words you use are not important. He knows the intentions of your heart. If you are unsure of what to pray, this might help you put it into words:
“Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I do not deserve eternal life. But, I believe You died and rose from the grave to make me a new creation and to prepare me to dwell in your presence forever. Jesus, I repent of my sin and turn to you. Please come into my life, forgive my sins and save me. I trust in You for my salvation and I accept your free gift of eternal life.”
If you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then He has come into your life as He promised. You now have a personal relationship with God, and have begun a lifelong journey of change and growth as you get to know Him better.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)
These basic practices will help you grow closer to Christ, love Him more, and help you share His love with others:
- Read God’s Word (the Bible) daily – this is how He speaks to you. As you learn more about Him and obey His Word, you will become more like Him.
- Pray daily – “Teach us to pray,” the disciples asked Jesus, and He taught them the simple prayer in Luke 11:1-4. Prayer is simply talking with God.
- Share your faith – once you have experienced new life in Christ, you will want to share His love and forgiveness with others.
- Attend a Bible-believing church – this will help you grow in your new life in Christ, as you learn from the teaching of God’s Word, and be encouraged together with other believers.
If you made a decision to Follow Christ then we say welcome to the family of God and we would like to know all about it. We would also like to mail you a Free copy of the bible
Email us email@example.com